14.1.09

Winking Eye Bagz

I can't believe I'm actually at the point where I'm setting up mics around a perfectly tuned, double kick drumset. It's taken so long to get to this point. The fun part. Milking the nectar from those sweet mics and pres, trying new (to me) mic placements, listening back to that first shitty, disappointing take. Yuk yuk!

I haven't been documenting with photos for two reasons:

1) I downgraded to a camera-less Blackberry.

2) I've been filming some of the studio set up and "pre-production" (not my favorite term) process. I'd like to eventually make a short film so people can see what goes into making a record like this. And my weird loner recording style.

I should probably be taking photos along the way as well, I never regret having them. Maybe someday I'll have an intern. My cats are useless.

6 comments:

tuba2000 said...

As a recording geek, I am fascinated by the recording process(especially one man bands). It gives me inspiration to creep into the basement and start recording. Would love to see your process. Looking forward to the new record. All the best.

thesaurus said...

as a documentary geek, the prospect of a short film is exciting beyond measure. a pajo documentary. too good. can't wait to hear (and see) the fruits and vegetables of your labor.
hope you are well.
-marvin

thesaurus said...

as a documentary geek, the prospect of a short film is exciting beyond measure. a pajo documentary. too good. can't wait to hear (and see) the fruits and vegetables of your labor.
hope you are well.
-marvin

thesaurus said...

as a documentary geek, the prospect of a short film is exciting beyond measure. a pajo documentary. too good. can't wait to hear (and see) the fruits and vegetables of your labor.
hope you are well.
-marvin

Zill said...

Sounds like good times are rollin'.

I have changed the address of my blog to 'strange hotel loner', for as David Lynch enjoyed the Barry Bifford term 'lost highway', I liked that piece of genius that struck in your post.

Do you think you will be coming to Australia again for the new works?

Victoria

Zill said...

and uh.. if you're happy to have an intern from abroad, I'm happy to work that charm :)

Such a pleasure to return to this blog, to messages from you, to this slice of magic on the web.

I think it is important that musicians, especially, these story tellers with sound, song, voice and instrument, can relate on ground level with all people. It is a special position. People listen to you, always, someone is tuning in.

You are a poet hero to me. Thank you for continuing on with your melodies and prose via journals all these years.