10.11.09

"Fuck Art, Let's Fart" - spray painted in the 80s by Rat


Logic isn't jiving with my Pro Tools hardware and Pro Tools LE doesn't have plugin delay compensation. The ATA Mellowmuse plugin is worthless when you've trying to use a summing box and lots of analog gear, its absolutely inconsistent. The guitars sound thin and fuzzy. The snare has no body and no snap. I've used up all the iMac's memory and so Pro Tools crashes instead of closes. I've been working on these same stupid songs for over a year. 100-300 Hz is nonexistent no matter how much I treat the room. Why am I working so hard on the worst record I've ever made? No label is releasing it, it's purely a piece of art. Instead of making money I'm making something no one will ever hear or care about-- purely a vanity project. Just another one of those inexplicable things you have to do if you want to live with yourself.

5 comments:

Braeden said...

Exactly. If the record is made for someone else, it's not worth it in the first place. Make it, wring the demons out, and throw it in a closet if you want. The point is the wringing. This is why music reviews are pointless.

The New Zero said...

The sharks cage material at knit fac last night was moving. My metal room mate is still bitching (we came from CT) that it wasnt a premier of the movie as your site advertised but more of a weird wrap party thing, but man. Arundel. Fuck.

Shane O'Connor Recording said...

would you like some help mixing it? I really admire your past works, we met at a boston show like 5 years ago.

shaneoconnorrecording@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I want to hear it.

Dek said...

I'll buy it dude. I'm sure it's a lot better than you think right now.